The Stables at The Rookery (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.rookerystables.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is The Stables at The Rookery, Burton Hill, Malmesbury, SN16 0EL.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or making booking enquiries on www.rookerystables.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register an interest in accommodation on our site, subscribe to an individual or multiple newsletters, participate in discussion through any pages within the blog section of our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem or any issues with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, background information regarding you and any other information you may wish to disclose which is pertinent to your enquiry.
- Information we collect about you. To ensure we are able to give you the best possible experience of www.rookerystables.co.uk we monitor information surrounding visitors to, and users of, our site in order to optimise the website experience we are able to give to you and address potential issues with site performance. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Stables at The Rookery, Burton Hill, Malmesbury, SN16 0EL.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of relevant interest to the specific subject being discussed. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR.